Friday 21 September 2012

So I'm back after the long summer...

2nd year is upon us.

I have my first lecture next wednesday, but not before leading the gospel choir rehearsal on Monday.
I often ask myself why I took the role of choir co-ordinator, but with the support of my fellow committee members, I will hopefully be OK.

Over the summer I have had time to think about certain things. Namely my relationship (if any) with God and my interaction with males.

First let's talk about the males; I feel like I attract a bad breed of guys (not my ex, he was a good'un) and I don't know if that says something about me, or not. I am tired of going from date to date trying to find that one magical relationships that will make everything better..that's not how it works in real life.
So I have decided: no dating until the end of second year. Not only will I be able to find myself, but I will have fewer distractions during the year so I can focus on what is important right now.

Which leads me onto my faith...it's hanging on by a string. I want to find God again..but I don't know that my faith is strong enough. I'm praying..but to whom? Hopefully God can hear me...I know some people will question why I'm even choir co-ordinator of a gospel choir, but the reason for that is that I love singing, and I love helping others to express their faith and love for singing too.

I have just about moved into my new flat with my lovely fellow medics Dulagy and Raeesa.
We'll be all settled in by the weekend.
Speaking of the weekend I will get my 'medic child' on Sunday as part of 'Mums and Dads' (a buddy system we do in our medical school).

I will surely update you guys on that.
For any one that follows me..I appreciate it, and I will write more entries as the year rolls on :)

No comments:

Post a Comment